Product information "VMware Workstation 16 Player"
VMware Workstation 16 Player
VMware Workstation Player is an optimized desktop virtualization application that lets you run one or more operating systems on the same computer without rebooting. Its simple interface, outstanding OS support and portability make it easier than ever for IT professionals to deliver corporate desktops to their users.
With a paid VMware Workstation Player license, you can use this product for commercial purposes.
- The best way to learn about virtualization, operating systems, containers, cubnets or the VMware partner network
- Support for hundreds of guest and host operating systems
- Compatible with the latest Windows 10 releases and major Linux distributions
- Supports execution together with Hyper-V, WSL 2, Device Guard and Credential Guard functions of Windows 10
- Improved 3D graphics support for DirectX 11 and up to 8 GB vGPU memory
- Create, transfer, retrieve and execute OCI container images with the new vctl CLI
- Run restricted virtual machines created with Workstation Pro or Fusion Pro
- Continuous use of Windows XP or Windows 7 in a virtual environment on modern hardware
- Licenses available to ensure EULA compliance when running in commercial environments
Systems with processors (CPUs) as of 2011 are supported - with the exception of:
- Intel Atom processors based on the Bonnell microarchitecture from 2011 (e.g. Atom Z670/Z650 and Atom N570),
- Intel Atom processors based on the Saltwell microarchitecture of 2012 (e.g. Atom S1200, Atom D2700/D2500, Atom N2800/N2600),
- AMD processors based on the Llano and Bobcat microarchitectures (e.g. with the code names "Hondo", "Ontario", "Zacate", "Llano")
In addition, supports the following :
- Systems with Intel processors based on the 2010 Westmere microarchitecture (e.g. Xeon 5600, Xeon 3600, Core i7-970, Core i7-980, Core i7-990)
- Core speed: 1.3 GHz or faster
- At least 2 GB RAM; 4 GB RAM or more recommended
Host operating systems (64 bit)
- Ubuntu 14.04 and higher
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and higher
- CentOS 6.0 and higher
- Oracle Linux 6.0 and higher
- openSUSE Leap 42.2 and higher
- SUSE Linux 12 and higher
Guest operating systems
More than 200 operating systems are supported, including:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.X
- Windows 7
- Windows XP
- Red Hat
- Oracle Linux
Operating system requirements
VMware Workstation Player runs on most 64-bit* host operating systems - Windows or Linux:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Oracle Linux
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
Check VMware Compatibility Guide for the latest information on supported operating systems.
* VMware Workstation 16 Player requires a 64-bit processor and a 64-bit host operating system
* Intel "Nahalem" series processors and older CPUs are not supported in this release.
|General||workstation player||Workstation Pro|
|Create new VMs||✓||✓|
|Create large VMs (32 CPU, 128 GB RAM)||✓||✓|
|Converting a PC to a Virtual Machine||✓||✓|
|Host/Guest Integration||workstation player||Workstation Pro|
|Host/Guest File Sharing||✓||✓|
|One-Click SSH to Linux VM||✓||✓|
|Executing VMs in different display modes||✓||✓|
|Unity view (Windows guest users only)||✓||✓|
|Graphic||workstation player||Workstation Pro|
|3D graphics with support for DX11 and OpenGL 4.1||✓||✓|
|Large graphics memory: 8 GB||✓||✓|
|Device support||workstation player||Workstation Pro|
|Support for 4K, 5K and retina displays||✓||✓|
|Support for a variety of virtual devices||✓||✓|
|Support of USB smart card readers||✓||✓|
|USB 3.1 device support||✓||✓|
|Support for assistive devices (under section 508)||✓||✓|
|Support of multilingual keyboards||✓||✓|
|Virtual TPM (Trusted Platform Module) device||✓||✓|
|NVMe virtual device||✓||✓|
|Safety functions||workstation player||Workstation Pro|
|Support for Microsoft virtualization-based security (guest)||✓||✓|
|Virtual TPM (Trusted Platform Module) - vTPM||✓||✓|
|Support for UEFI startup||✓||✓|
|Support for UEFI/Secure Boot||✗||✓|
|GPU sandbox renderer||✓||✓|
|Create/manage encrypted VMs||✗||✓|
|Host Operating Systems||workstation player||Workstation Pro|
|Windows 10 host||✓||✓|
|Linux: Ubuntu, CentOS, Debian, Fedora, RHEL, SUSE, openSUSE||✓||✓|
|macOS 10.16 and higher||✗||✗|
|Guest operating systems||workstation player||Workstation Pro|
|Support of over 200 operating systems (Linux, older Windows versions, BSD)||✓||✓|
|Windows 10 guests||✓||✓|
|Specific features for Mac hosts||workstation player||Workstation Pro|
|Support of macOS 10.16 hosts||✗||✗|
|Support of macOS guests||✗||✗|
|Windows applications in the Mac Dock||✗||✗|
|One-Click SSH to Linux VM||✗||✗|
|Metal Graphics Engine||✗||✗|
|Specific functions for Windows hosts||workstation player||Workstation Pro|
|Windows 10 host||✓||✓|
|DX12 rendering engine||✓||✓|
|Support for Hyper-V mode (Device Guard, WSL)||✓||✓|
|Sharing virtual machines (workstation server)||✓||✓|
|Specific functions for Linux hosts||workstation player||Workstation Pro|
|Volcano rendering engine||✓||✓|
|Host support: Ubuntu, CentOS, Debian, Fedora, RHEL, SUSE, openSUSE||✓||✓|
|Extended functions||workstation player||Workstation Pro|
|Command line operation: vmrun and VIX||✓||✓|
|Easy deployment of vCenter Server Appliance||✓||✓|
|"Nautilus Container Engine"||✓||✓|
|Adaptation of virtual networks (NAT, renaming of networks)||✗||✓|
|Simulation of virtual networks (packet loss, latency, bandwidth)||✗||✓|
|Connection to vSphere/ESXi Server||✗||✓|
|Power control of remote vSphere hosts||✗||✓|
|Creating Linked Clones||✗||✓|
|Creating full clones||✗||✓|
|Licensing||workstation player||Workstation Pro|
|Free of charge for personal use||✓||✗|
How do our prices come about ?
The basic principle of the software trade is the art of omission.
- by quantity bundling
- Opening of delivery and storage fees through virtual merchandise management.
- Direct imports
- Long-term relationship with distributors.
- Low profit margin, main priority at Blitzhandel24 is the valuation as well as the growth of the customer base.
- A central and lean administration.
- Quantity purchases from authorized suppliers/distributors.
- Elimination of high marketing investments, as we respond to the needs of our customers in a targeted manner and can therefore safely implement the concept of ''advertising through references''.
Is the quality therefore worse?
We promise our customers excellent quality. The prices do not affect the quality in any way, our customers get tested verified products. In addition you have with Blitzhandel24 a security up to 20,000€ over Trusted Shops as well as a legally safe Shop, by EHI Prüfsiegel.
Unkompliziert und schnell.