Product information "Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard"
Microsoft's goal is to give people the ability to communicate anytime, anywhere, and with any access device through world-class software. For many years, the world's leading software company has been developing software that makes it easier for people to use PCs at home, at work and at school, and opens up new dimensions for them. This is coupled with a strong commitment to the Internet, which is increasingly becoming the service center and the connecting element for all these devices.
Windows Server Standard 2022, like previous versions, will be licensed by cores. In addition, access licenses (CALs) will be required for users and devices.
Here are the new and improved features of Microsoft Windows Server 2022.
Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard Features
- Enhanced layered security
- Hybrid functionality with Azure
- Flexible application platform
Enhanced Layered Security
Windows Server 2022 improves security with new features, such as Secured-Core Server and Secured Connectivity.
- Secured-Core Server means our hardware partners have provided hardware, firmware, and drivers to help customers increase the security of their critical systems. IT and SecOps teams can ensure comprehensive security in their environment with Secured-core Server's advanced protection and proactive defense at all levels of hardware, firmware and virtualization.
- The Secured Connectivity in Windows Server 2022 provides another layer of security in transit. The new release provides a faster and more secure Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS)-encrypted connection and industry-standard AES-256 encryption with support for the Server Message Block (SMB) protocol.
Hybrid capabilities with Azure
Customers are opting for a hybrid and multi-cloud approach to digitally transform their businesses. Now they can take advantage of cloud services with Windows Server 2022 on-premises by connecting to Azure Arc.
In addition, customers can take advantage of file server enhancements such as SMB compression in Windows Server 2022. SMB Compression improves the transfer of application files by compressing data as it is transferred over the network. Finally, Windows Management Center, a popular tool among administrators, offers enhanced server management features such as a new event view and gateway proxy support for Azure-connected scenarios.
Flexible application platform and containers
Microsoft is improving support and collaboration for large, mission-critical applications like SQL Server. Windows Server 2022 supports applications with up to 48 TB of memory and 2,048 logical cores in up to 64 physical sockets.
- Support for Windows Containers continues to expand as well:
- The size of the image has been significantly reduced to speed up the boot process.
- Extended support lifecycle for Nano Server: Support for Windows Server 2022 Nano Server will continue through 2026, aligning with mainstream support.
- Improved performance and scaling for many features.
- Improved support for group managed service accounts (gMSA) and IPv6.
- Support for multiple subnets and more restrictive subnet masks.
- New HostProcess containers for better management of cluster scripts.
- Enhanced and improved Windows Management Center.
- New Azure Migrate App Containerization allows web apps to be directly containerized and migrated to Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS).
Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard & Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Datacenter Comparison
Windows Server 2022 Standard Edition is targeted at organizations that only deploy physical servers or use minimally virtualized environments, with only a few VMs. Standard Edition does not offer Shielded Virtual Machines, Software Defined Networking (SDN) features, and Storage Spaces Direct and Storage Replica. These features are only available with Windows Server 2022 Datacenter Edition.
|Features||Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard||Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Datacenter|
|Most important functions of the Windows Server||✓||✓|
|Windows Server Container||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Host Monitoring Service||✓||✓|
|Shielded Virtual Machines (VMs)||×||✓|
Minimum: 1.4 GHz 64-bit processor
Minimum: 512 MB
Disk space requirements
Minimum: 32 GB
Gigabit (10/100/1000baseT) Ethernet adapter
DVD drive (if you choose to install the operating system via DVD media)
Super VGA monitor (1024 x 768) or higher resolution monitor
Keyboard and Microsoft® mouse (or other compatible pointing device)
Internet access (may be chargeable)
Win Server 2022 Standard 16/24 Core
Microsoft offers Windows Server 2022 in two main editions: Win Server 2022 Standard and Win Server 2022 Datacenter 16/24 Core. They are the successors of Windows Server 2019 and offer users many new and improved features. This makes it an important tool in the company, through which the IT landscape can be sustainably improved.
Importantly, the new server works closely with Microsoft Azure. Due to the unlimited number of users, this version is best suited for medium to large enterprises.
Scope of the system
Compared to the previous versions, the new Windows Server Standard offers practical additional features. They allow close cooperation with Microsoft's cloud services and basically facilitate server management. Of particular importance is the Azure Arc, which allows Azure cloud services to connect directly to the corporate server.
The explicit focus of this server version is on the security aspect. This new focus shows up in a wide variety of features and allows companies to have stronger protection against cyber attacks. While Windows Server has been fundamentally improved in numerous places and offers a much better ease of use, user security is at the forefront of every aspect.
Image credit: © charnsitr - stock.adobe.com
New application possibilities
The limits of supported hardware are growing for each Windows Server version. This is necessary due to the increasingly powerful hardware and has been taken into account in Windows Server 2022. This is also reflected in the limitation of RAM: While the previous version supported 24 TB, 48 TB are now possible.
A clear advantage for admins: Virtual machines can now use more RAM and more virtual CPUs at the same time. In this way, significantly more powerful systems can be provided and operated. This also forms an important basis for the company's internal Exchange OEM.
How much does the Win Server 2022 Standard cost?
The Microsoft Windows Server 2022 r2 Standard price is currently between 600 and 1,200 euros. Exactly how much it costs depends on the package: Some already include Device or User CALs. The fact whether it is a 16 or 24 core is also reflected in the price.
System requirements for proper operation
In order to run Windows Server, the system must meet the minimum requirements - only then can it be installed. These include a 1.4 GHz 64-bit processor, 512 MB Ram and a 32 GB hard disk.
In addition, a sufficient number of CALs is required. Whether this is the Win Server 2022 Standard Device CAL or the Win Server 2022 Standard User CAL depends on the desired use. To enable access from outside, via remote desktop session, a Remote Desktop 2022 Device CAL and the Remote Desktop 2022 User CAL are also required. How many of these licenses are required depends on the general usage.
How do our prices come about ?
The basic principle of the software trade is the art of omission.
- by quantity bundling
- Opening of delivery and storage fees through virtual merchandise management.
- Direct imports
- Long-term relationship with distributors.
- Low profit margin, main priority at Blitzhandel24 is the valuation as well as the growth of the customer base.
- A central and lean administration.
- Quantity purchases from authorized suppliers/distributors.
- Elimination of high marketing investments, as we respond to the needs of our customers in a targeted manner and can therefore safely implement the concept of ''advertising through references''.
Is the quality therefore worse?
We promise our customers excellent quality. The prices do not affect the quality in any way, our customers get tested verified products. In addition you have with Blitzhandel24 a security up to 20,000€ over Trusted Shops as well as a legally safe Shop, by EHI Prüfsiegel.